FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton's new U.S. Hotels Daily Food & Beverage Credit for Elite members thru 2021
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:05 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Miesque
I really don't understand Hilton's insistence on treating both Diamonds and Gold the same with the breakfast benefit
Agree. And I think Hilton is the only chain to give a mid-tier breakfast and shot at exec level upgrades.

Outside of the added points and the free "premium" wifi not much difference in treatment in the US. The diamond force is a joke, upgrades rarely exist, no later guaranteed check out, and most US lounges don't exist anymore.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Agreed. Wish Hilton would realize that $12 a days is a joke to cover less than half of many breakfast buffets. Much is my business is going to Hyatt over that.
Even pre=covid the breakfast benefit has always been a lot better at Hyatt than most Hiltons in the US since it was always a full breakfast for two if there is no lounge.

A lot of my stays go to Hyatt for the guaranteed suite upgrade and the 4 p.m. guaranteed checkout.

I don't understand why others that are so upset with this chance just don't do what we are doing and vote with their wallet and start giving the business to other chains and go for status with Marriott or Hyatt instead where they'll get a decent breakfast plus a guaranteed 4 p.m. check out

Last edited by cblaisd; Nov 18, 2021 at 6:58 pm Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts