FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT: When is Israel likely to open its borders?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:33 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ditto
I think the difference is mainly around travel advice for Israelis, with an advise not to travel to orange countries.
Thanks for the response! That's the way I read it too. Though that means that travellers from literally every single country in the world can currently enter Israel, whether it has 800 cases per 100k, or zero.

Originally Posted by Ditto
Indeed if you are considered to be in close contact to someone who tested positive you will also have to quarantine, I'm unsure whether a taxi ride will count as close contact but staying in the same room probably does.
That would certainly make sense, though it sounds like a true nightmare for groups. So essentially force everyone to stay in their rooms for up to 24h, and if a roommate tests positive, the entire room needs to be left behind.

Despite reading all the information I'm still not sure what the consequences are for those who receive a positive test result. Are they simply required to extend their hotel stay by 14(?) days and feed themselves by ordering room service? Or are those people transferred to a government facility?