FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 13Nov pm - 17Nov am : BAEC account maintenance - cannot login or spend Avios
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:42 am
Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by anotherpax
BA management dont care at all, they are a company that know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

I wouldnt expect to see app or website working this week!
I love a bit of Oscar Wilde in the morning.
I’m a bit of an old girl now and semi retired. I began my IT career when all we had were mainframes and a few mid-range were just creeping in. The mainframes were complex beasts but also very simple; always and I mean ALWAYS the same result for the same data through the same application. Later on I moved into management and I do feel for the techies now. Everything is so complex and integrated. I regard cloud and web based applications as random error generators because that’s how they appear.
I suspect we have a situation where one or several of the many integration points could not be adequately simulated in test. It may have been cost but I have also literally encountered a situation where you can’t test something until it is in production.
I have no idea what’s happened here and I hope they can fix forward. With all the user access and transactions that have been managed since yesterday I don’t see how they can go back.