FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA rebooked me into an overnight layover. What are my options?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:54 pm
Bubbles Borges

AA rebooked me into an overnight layover. What are my options?

I booked LIR-ORD-DAY in economy, paid for with CSR. I was departing at roughly 3pm and arriving in DAY shortly after midnight with a brief layover in ORD. There has been a schedule change on AA's end, and the ORD-DAY leg no longer departs late enough for us to make the connection. AA has rebooked us on the first ORD-DAY flight the following morning, leaving us with an overnight layover in ORD.

The only problem with this is that I live in CVG - the whole reason I booked the return to DAY was to avoid an overnight layover without paying a much higher fare. I know that I can cancel for a full refund and then buy a new flight, but I'm hoping to avoid that since prices are now much higher.

If I call in to make changes to the new itinerary, what are the restrictions? Am I forced to keep the LIR-ORD-DAY routing? Can I change to CVG instead? Can I change the ORD layover to MIA or something instead? I just want to get an idea of what my options are before I call (won't let me change online).

Last edited by Bubbles Borges; Nov 16, 2021 at 3:51 pm