FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/cxLoyalty portal.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:35 pm
LAX2DCA

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by jn in ca
I have two concerns and I'm curious if anyone else has them.

1) In the last week, since the conversion to cxLoyalty, the ultimaterewards website has been horribly, unuseably slow. Tonight it took me like half an hour to book a simple one night hotel reservation. I'm having no speed problems with the main Chase website, only ultimaterewards.

2) Concurring with scott6k above, I am seeing a noticeable reduction in the hotels to choose from. Even some of my regular chain hotels are no longer showing, no matter what date I try.

When Chase switched to Expedia, a lot more hotels appeared, so maybe it should not be a surprise that so many hotels have been lost with the move back to cxLoyalty:

Chase Travel using Expedia

For now one of my UR cards, CSR, is still on the Expedia bookings, and my FU card is now migrated to cxLoyalty, so the degradations are really noticeable to me.
I have not noticed it going slowly--if anything, I thought the Expedia portal was a lot slower! For the reduction in hotels, I called Chase travel and they were able to pull up the hotel I wanted, but they had to transfer me to another department (Chase Online Services). They gave me the number to call back: 855-343-1902. You may have to HUCA--it seemed like some agents could find the hotel I wanted this way while others did not know it was an option or could not find the hotel. After a few callbacks, I got the hotel booked on points, but it was a bit of a painful process considering the whole thing could be done online if they had all the hotels listed.