FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in Polaris (and business class in general) - tips?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:48 pm
runningshoes

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Just got back from TLV, but originating at ORD. My summary;

Seat 1A is highly dependent on your tolerance for noise and light, my preference is mid-cabin.
Food was nothing special on the flight and included a still frozen bread bun in a factory wrapper, so I would echo the other posters advice - get a better meal at the lounge (if they still offer the full meal) and watch a movie before you go to sleep.
Seat pads seem to be hit or miss - had them on the flight to TLV, didn't on the flight back (I don't have a large enough Polaris sample for the year to draw any conclusions from 2 segments). Had duvets and gel pillows on both.
Amenity kits post-Covid are not as nice as pre-Covid. There's really nothing worth keeping as opposed to using on the flight and maybe keeping an item or two you might need.
Snacks were placed on the top of Row 1 middle seats - chips, cookies, no more fancy chocolates
If you board early, you can get through almost 1/2 a movie before take-off.....

And just as importantly,
The weather in TLV was wonderful and is still expected to be in the high 60's low 70's so enjoy a few long walks along the beachfront
Gelato at Golda's is as good as everyone says it is
If you like Thai food with a modern twist, go to Kab Kem on Lincoln Street