FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:44 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Flying AC880 YYZ-ZRH and LX332 ZRH-LHR on an AC codeshare on Nov 14.

Onboard AC880, we were told every passenger had to either complete a Swiss passenger locator form online or fill out a paper form. But the paper form was clearly a Canadian government contact tracing form for entry into Canada so a bunch of passengers questioned the instructions. (As an aside, I’ve never encountered this form on my flights to Canada so was extra confused.)

Eventually, the flight crew just gave up trying to convince people and we landed. But then the ZRH airport agent wouldn’t let anyone off the plane without a Swiss passenger locator form completed, even though transit passengers not entering the Schengen Area shouldn’t need it. But this lady wouldn’t hear it so everyone scrambles to complete the form last minute on their phones, making deplaning a total mess.

Once off the plane, an AC Concierge agent found me and told me to come with her. I would have expected the LHR flight to also depart from the E gates where the YYZ flight landed (for some reason, it wasn’t showing the gate when I quickly googled before deplaning). But the Concierge agent just took me on the underground train and told me to head to D53. Right before entering the passport control for the D gates, I decided to double check the departure screens and realized the LHR flight was leaving from E53. So back on the train I go.

It was past 11:00am by the time I got off AC880 and LX332 started boarding at 11:05am. So this whole circus was rather exhausting but thankfully now seated onboard LX332.
Transit passengers do require the form, and that's pretty obvious if you do any checking before travel, which is generally a good idea these days.