FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone gone to see a premier league game recently ? Where do you get tickets ?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by cameramaker
If you’re a tourist, going to watch Arsenal is possibly the biggest waste of money you can imagine. They’re not even a good team, there is no atmosphere at all, it’s just very sterile. Fly to the UK on Emirates and visit their lounges on the way and you’ll enjoy a similar experience.

In London, Crystal Palace or Fulham are much better days out. In fact, go and watch any Championship match and it’ll be a much better afternoon. Most games are end to end and any team can beat anyone. You’re unlikely to have to sign up to these rip off memberships and it’ll cost you about £30 a ticket. You won’t be 1,000 feet in the air either.
Agree 100%. I'd have added Brentford but I haven't been to a game there in the new stadium yet so can't say for sure.

Before Covid I went to see Chelsea, Arsenal and - unrelated but still a game - England play Ireland at the Six Nations. The latter game was a much better experience as an all-rounder. Stamford Bridge was swarmed with Middle Eastern tourists taking selfies, Arsenal was quiet as a library. I won the tickets through a raffle at work, but they were extremely dear in terms of cost... And it was boring. If the spectacle is what one is after, I agree - go see a Championship game. Or go to Germany and go see Dynamo Dresden... or if you really want to go deaf, any Aris Thessaloniki basket game. Local friends I met in Erasmus maaaany years ago took me to one and I think I blew an eardrum.