FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:41 am
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
I'm sorry I didn't keep better track of a CSR who assisted me a few months ago. Wondering if it's too late?

This summer, I was informed by my elderly mother's nursing home that she was having trouble breathing and was in the hospital. I spoke with my mom and her doctor and it appeared she had stabilized. Mom was joking with me, and I told her I would make a jelly roll for when I next saw her. (A raspberry jelly roll is her personal sweet indulgence, and they don't have them in Wisconsin).

I made a reservation online with DL, BDL to MSN (RT) to visit her the following week. But the next day, mom called and said she wanted to refuse life-saving medical treatment and as her Health Care Agent, I said I would comply with her wishes. Her doctor said the hospital would release her back to the nursing home the following day.

The next morning, mom was back at the nursing home, off all life supports, and was fading fast. I tried speaking with her but she was uncommunicative. I decided to go to Madison asap, that afternoon. I tried calling DL to change my flight plan but hold time was four hours. So, I booked a another trip online (just one way) and immediately headed to JFK. (BDL didn't have any afternoon flights to MSN).

I explained the situation to the CSR, a young woman with long brown hair, whose name escapes me. She took the time to cancel my first trip. She had to make a number of lengthy calls to make it happen. Her supervisor got frustrated with her at one point, implying she should stop and move on, but she continued (fortunately, there wasn't a big line waiting behind me). She was able to cancel everything and was a big help.

I got to my mother just in time, she passed after just five hours.

This happened in August, and I never got the chance to send DL a message about the CSR, and how her assistance was greatly appreciated. So, without having a specific name, can I (should I?) send a message of thanks, and if so, who should I send it to?

Thanks
You can fill out a Compliment online. Login to Delta and click on NeedHelp? - Comment/Complaint (last item in left hand column) - Feedback & Complaints - Submit General Feedback - Check 'Give a Compliment" (bottom of list) - Reservations Experience - Click on Continue to Personal Info - Click on Continue to Comment and then you should be able to continue from there. Omit anything where the CSR might have violated policy and did you a favor such as her continuing after her supervisor told her to move on.

OR, do it my way and write a letter, which you should be good at, and send it to:

Delta Airlines, Inc.
Customer Care
P.O. Box 20980
Department 980
Atlanta, GA 30320-2980