FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:39 pm
Nil SeAnn

Programs: BA Silver,AA,EI&UA
Originally Posted by firstlight
Interested in any 787-10 experiences in CW or economy as I have an upcoming flight in a couple of weeks
Just completed DFW-LHR-DFW in WT+ on the 787-10. The overnight flight BA193 DFW-LHR WT+ cabin was almost empty, so I tried several seats for comparison. I had booked myself in 20J (bulkhead aisle at front of WT+ cabin) but unfortunately some of the few people in the cabin were directly behind me in 21J/K and were seatback screen thumpers and I decided to move to get some sleep.
20J/K have great legroom, but D,E&F have even more legroom. I'm 5'10" and my feet could just about reach the bulkhead in D,E & F. All seats, even in the rearmost row 24, have very significant recline such that my head never fell forward during sleep. As I sat into 24F to try out the back row, a helpful F/A warned me that I would not be happy with the noise from the bathroom immediately behind the bulkhead to my rear. I thought to myself - how bad could it be? Well it was awful and I lasted about 10 minutes before moving again. The toilet is oriented facing the rear of the plane and mounted to the WT+ bulkhead. I estimate it is probably only a foot or so from the back of the seat when fully reclined! If you plan an overnight flight I suggest you absolutely avoid 24D,E or F if you hope to get some sleep.
Seats were comfy and I slept most of the remaining flight time. My previous travel on this route had been on the 747 and from my memory the 78X seats seem to have greater recline and are more comfortable. Only other change of note is that BA no longer give an amenity bag with eyeshade, socks, toothpaste and such to WT+ passengers.