FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:37 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Still
Nobody is claiming anything. I wasn’t on the flight and they didn’t complain. I’m only assessing the situation here. The majority of CE were in J Cabin and a few in PE doesn’t sound fair to me. Yes, if the J Cabin is closed off and everyone sits in PE is fair to me. If it’s normal for BA operate like this, please just say so, no need to question others opinion.
well to be fair I wasn’t questioning your opinion on whether compensation is due - mostly because I didn’t think you had given one and just asked whether it was

in terms of fairness it may or may not have been, but again i am not questioning your opinion on fairness, just saying it isn't relevant within the scope of any compensation or refund that could be due.

again the fairness thing is irrelevant. Sorry to ask another question but if there were too many people to be accommodated in one or other of the WTP/CW cabins what would you expect to happen? obviously some got lucky and were placed in the CW seats, but some were placed in the WTP seats. I am afraid that’s just luck, and possibly status related. It isn’t a basis for any refund or compensation because someone else got luckier than you friend.

At the end of the day your friend needs to decide whether what they received vs what they booked was a downgrade. What happened to others isn’t really relevant to that question in the sense of any EC261 claim that could be submitted for downgrade refund.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 11, 2021 at 3:43 am