FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unlock Status Credits without Flying
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:17 am
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by bpk6h
Yup, that 15% bonus is a plus - I had that in mind as well when I was thinking about this transfer. I still have a slight (irrational?) fear that SQ will use this $25K PPS Value 'deposit' for requalification this membership year and nothing will get added to reserves...but that chart you shared and the language on the website does indicate that Reserves are used first for requalification.
So far, for my PPS requalification for the past few years (pre-covid times), it has always been that they will start to deduct the Reserve PPS value first before dipping into the current PPS value to qualify. There has not been any announcement in this logic and hence, I think we can safely conclude that the current logic should still apply. If you want to be double sure, you can do a live chat with the agent via the Chatbot. They should be able to assist and you can take a screen shot as evidence of the confirmation.