FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unlock Status Credits without Flying
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:10 am
bpk6h

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hclee01
Currently, there is a 15% promotion by SQ where you will earn 15% more miles if the credit card points transfer are credited on or before 22 Nov 2021:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...nversion-2021/

As such, in this respect, you will just need to transfer around 217,400 miles to get it posted to your KF account by 22 Nov 2021. The 15% bonus miles will be eligible for PPS Value as well. Hence, when you transfer 217,400 miles, you will receive around 250K miles in your account and correspondingly 25K of PPS Value.

In fact, if you can opt to transfer more credit card points during this period of time. Any time in excess of PPS Value for renewal will go into your Reserve PPS Value. So this is a good way to keep your Solitaire PPS status alive without actual flying!
Yup, that 15% bonus is a plus - I had that in mind as well when I was thinking about this transfer. I still have a slight (irrational?) fear that SQ will use this $25K PPS Value 'deposit' for requalification this membership year and nothing will get added to reserves...but that chart you shared and the language on the website does indicate that Reserves are used first for requalification.