FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unlock Status Credits without Flying
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:07 am
bpk6h

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hclee01
Hi

AFAIK, the PPS value earned from the current points transfer campaign is no different as if the PPS value earned from flying in a normal time. Hence, upon renewal, they will start to deduct first from your Reserve Value, and where Reserve Value is not sufficient, it will be deducted from your current PPS Value.
Thank you! I see the SQ website also clearly states "To maximise the validity of your Reserve Value, your membership will always be renewed using your Reserve Value (from oldest to newest) before adding the PPS Value you’ve earned in your current membership year." So, that should mean if I transfer 250,000 bank points that this will convert into $25K Reserve Value with a 2028 expiration (or perhaps transfer a bit more to plug the 2027 gap and have $25K in 2028). I think I was incorrect earlier about needing to wait until Jan/Feb 2022 to transfer points as my membership year is Nov-Oct, so anything I transfer now will convert to Reserve Value at the end of Oct 2022 and therefore go into a 2028 Reserve Value expiration bucket - I hope this assumption is correct. In the meantime, hopefully I'll travel a bit :-)