FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:52 pm
cova

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
I admit that I don't know the full list of benefits, but EXP is still in line for upgrades ahead of PPro. And if the person who flies a half-dozen times a year and puts $180K+ on their credit card happens to be on that flight, they'll get upgraded ahead of you.
As a current Plat Pro (soon to be EXP again) - I flew 4 segments a few days ago to west coast for 4 day weekend. Bought coach on outbound, bought F for return.
On outbound segments I was #5 on upgrade list for segment 1 and #10 on list for segment 2.

I am not getting upgrades as a plat pro - with spend almost at the EXP level now. So I decided to spend an extra $3K this year to get EXP by mid Dec. I will get the 120K bonus - early Jan.

But I will see how upgrades go this coming year. No incentive now to buy F since the 2x EQM doesn't apply now. Only ticket prices - and getting 30 segments. With enough spend I will buy only coach now and select MCE.

The big question now - what is AA going to do about corporate contracts and give away CK and EXP. Are they going to increase CK numbers significantly for big customers so they jump above EXPs for upgrade? With the new LP - business travelers will likely have trouble making EXP or CK unless AA gives it to them. No talk here about CK "number increase" and impact.