FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:48 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by unrdchi
I’m new to Hilton, currently a Diamond, and have a 7 night stay over Christmas upcoming on points & certs. I signed up for estandby upgrades at the time of booking for $81 per night to upgrade to. Deluxe ocean view room. For those that know the property & estandby upgrades better than me would you keep this or save the $ and roll the dice on an upgrade getting me the same room for free? Thanks!
Agree with Baze. Christmas is crazy. I used to think if I didn't have an OV in Hawaii all was lost, but we recently stayed in their condos with a "garden view" that we found totally great. Not one sliver of blue ocean. And we were fine.

I would thank my lucky stars if I were you that you were able to book at reasonable points....over Christmas...not sure if they were all 95k but your certificates would have been. You did good. If you get an upgrade (and when we stayed at the GW side several years ago we were thrilled with our points stay upgrade from "terrace" to "garden". Honestly, you will spend little time in your room, and if you're missing a sunset since you *might* be facing the wrong way, just go down to the beach and enjoy

Last edited by Eujeanie; Nov 9, 2021 at 6:04 pm