FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:33 am
Jacobin777

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by richarddd
In a zero sum game (the battle for a limited supply of upgrades) winners and losers should balance, so the answer will depend on whether your poll sample will skew one way or the other.
I'm not so sure if its completely a "zero sum game" as many simply will/won't be flying as much as before, maybe more will start using credit cards more/less, etc. Of course, a lot has changed since COVID-19. Even mileage runs have changed since the change of the FF policies a few years ago.

I was thinking of a very simple poll/questionnaire. Maybe such as "do you view these changes as better or worse?" Or "have these changes been better or worse?" Maybe even "do you plan of flying more or less with these changes?". Etc.

I guess a poll/questionnaire would be better after 6 months to a year.

Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
I’ll withhold my real judgment until the changes are up and running but… I see this as a negative for me. I don’t have a lot of credit card spend and most of my flights are in Y because my employer will not allow travel in first.
Makes sense.

Originally Posted by cova
it is going to make it easier for me to earn EXP now.
Before (Covid) the EQD was $15K - $3K Barclay EQD = $12K requirement.

I am spending this fall to move back to EXP from Plat Pro - to get the 1.2% bonus LP on tickets.

I always spend $100K on the two credit cards - so that puts me at 125K LP to start. That leaves 75K to go.
For EXP - 75K/11 = $6,818 ticket spend.

I plan to start using some of the portals - since there are stores I buy from now.
Plus I could shift additional spend from other CC to AA cards (I think this is what they want you to do) and make the Ticket spend less.

So I figure likely $5K spend for EXP - obtainable - where as $12K was not unless I bought lots of F tickets.
So new program allows me to keep EXP (versus Plat Pro).
Sounds like you'll be better off with the new changes.