FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Buganvilias, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:38 pm
TravelingZoomer

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Gets the Job Done, Especially as an Elite

I stayed here in August, and while not the fanciest place in the world this property definitely presents good value, especially if you can get a good rate (I got a BRG for six nights at 112/night after tax, pretty good). Basically agree with everyone’s assessments; 3.5 hardware 4.5 soft service = 4 star hotel at US 2 star prices.

Old hardware and bad beach is made up by great soft service and an above-average lounge, and excellent location to walk to town. Both the breakfast spread and the evening spread are full, hot, and quite delicious in my opinion (the evening spread could substitute as a small dinner…but you’re five minutes from town go get some street tacos). There’s a super market about a five minute walk, turning left from the entrance, where one can buy snacks and cheap booze.

I usually go to Asia in January, but that is increasingly looking unlikely and have this place booked as a likely back up to spend time with my brothers. They we’re pretty aggressive about signing me up for a timeshare presentation my first visit and I might see if they’ll up their ante since I’ll be a repeat customer and sit though the presentation

Also, staff come around to give free quick (10 minute or so massages) around the pool, if you are wondering about those services if you go here. Just make sure to tip.

Overall, while not my first choice (rather be in Ubud in January!) can hardly complain, especially since I live in San Diego and can take a flight to TIJ to get around Covid testing