FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, AZ [Master Thread]
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:55 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We had some issues here back in February, but it sounds considerably worse now, and that lack of staff is really having a negative impact. We noticed similar in Sedona this weekend. Saw several motels with "now hiring - $15/hour" right below the "vacancy" sign. We also saw "$15/hour" signs in Whole Foods and several restaurants. (And Whole Foods had only three registers open on Saturday night, with the lines reaching all the way to the back of the store.)
Originally Posted by spgplat21
The resort was fine, but I don't think I'll return any time soon. We really liked the Tucson area, but the rates here were really high, and I think I prefer almost all of the Phoenix-area resorts. I'll probably try RC Dove Mountain at some point.
I love Tucson, but it's a wasteland in terms of nice places to stay. Dove Mountain is too far away. Maybe Ventana Canyon, but it's an extra 35+ minutes coming in from Phoenix, and then you're way out on the east edge of town.