FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA lounges : COVID-19 closures and reopenings
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:53 am
Silly19

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
You should have been granted access as full oneworld rules apply. If that occurs then ask for a supervisor or manager.
Had a similar issue at SFO flying AS to PDX. Was refused entrance to the BA SFO Lounge.

First it was because of COVID, then limited capacity because of COVID and then, only BA passengers because of limited capacity because of COVID. Finally, I showed him the OneWorld website line “Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline” but the gentleman at the counter said, "no, the website is not reliable and not updated regularly".

I'm fine if it was genially limited capacity however, arriving at 18:00 after the 17:10 had taken off and prior to the 21:20, the chances of hitting capacity seemed unlikely. There weren't any passengers at the checkin area as I headed to security.

Additionally, there are listings which say BA only such as LAX & the Star Alliance Lounge, which I'm fine with because its clear and informative.

Customer Service response was "We have raised this with our Loyalty team for you, so this will filtered down to the team in SFO. In the meantime if you are flying through SFO please ask the team to call us to clarify if they are unsure."

Will be interesting to see if anything changes or what the response is when denied again and I request they call GGL customer service.