FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]
Old Nov 8, 2021, 1:18 am
Wandering_Indian

Programs: TK E+, BA EC Silver, Vistara Platinum, JP Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I need to travel from India to Turkey in January and I am presently booked on a TK flight on 03JAN22 from BOM-IST. In the event that the ban on scheduled flights is extended further, is there any legal way for someone to fly from India to Turkey under the air bubbles? I've read through all the air bubbles in detail but cannot see any that includes possibilities for travel to Turkey.
Has TK cancelled your flight yet? If not I would hold onto the ticket and not do anything yet. Wait until the end of November to see if there is more clarity and if the air bubbles end. If there is no clarity on 30th of Nov then waiting till the 31st of Dec is too risky (and I wouldn't expect a notification to come out any earlier given past history of notifications coming out at the very last minute).

If the bubble hasn't ended then Nepal would be your best bet. There are quite a few options to fly to KTM from most major Indian cities. Just make sure non-Indian travelers have a valid visa and stay in KTM. There are good hotel options there. Hopefully you can take the time to see Kathmandu. And then from there you can catch a direct flight to IST on TK though I don't think that's a daily service.

Also see if TK can re-route your existing ticket from BOM-IST to KTM-IST since they have a flexible booking policy in the pandemic and India and Nepal fall in the same zone for them. That way you only have to pay for BOM-KTM as KTM-IST flights are mostly empty in Jan right now and you shouldn't have to pay any fare difference.