FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG-HKG in J
Thread: CDG-HKG in J
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:20 am
VE105

Originally Posted by brunos
This issue has been widely reported when some flights got diverted during the past two typhoons in October (e.g. BA31).
The problem is that pax arrived one day later and had to extend their Q hotel by one day. Hotels were full for that extra day. Lots of problems for pax of BA31 diverted to Manila. Pax had to call from there to change bookings. For flights which were delayed to the next day, the DOH requested that they have proper hotel booking before being allowed to board. Penny Bay was a possible alternative.
Trying to book a Q hotel, or change a booking due to flight cancellation, is currently a nightmare,. And it won't improve with increased travel of western or Chinese New Year.
Sorry, i should have stated that Penny Bay's just my wild guess.
I did ask a DoH staff at airport what would happen if someone don't have proper hotel booking somehow successfully enters HK, and he said they would ask the pax to call hotels until he could find one, but he didn't mention what would happen if one fail to do that.
I don't think they would be so cruel to send the pax to where he came from, so Penny Bay seems a possible choice. But again, just my speculation.