FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:32 pm
Betel

Programs: Delta:PM, HH:Diamond, Hertz:PC
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Do you mean the GW (Grand Wailea) or the Ho'olei? We had 6 people so the condos at Ho'Olei worked out much better (still outrageous). We already booked for next year the kids liked it so much (so did we). We'll be paying since we did blow all our points this year (and I thought it was well worth it). I also shopped around at other condos and the prices for the same amount of space (3,000 sf, 3BR) was often similar or more, and without the "epic" (grandkids' declaration) pools.

If you search and are flexible you can find the GW for 95K. If you consider the H'O has 3 bedrooms, 300,000 pts is actually reasonable since you get all the extra living space, too.

One caveat about booking the H'O on points - you do NOT get the 5th night free. But you do get free parking, and no resort fee.
I'm looking at the GW (Grand Wailea), since it is just the wife and I. I was doing some searching for the 95k you mentioned, but can't find anything, I'm also not seeing anything about the 5th night free there either.