FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:41 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Betel
I was looking at booking a few nights at the HW in May 2022. I'm seeing crazy rates, $1100/night or 440k points. Seems step, unless people think it is worth it. None of the other Hilton properties in Hawaii are no where near that. Waikoloa is showing $700 per night, but only 60k points, a much better deal. We have stayed at Waikoloa a few times, but was hoping to try some place new. Any suggestions? I have close to 2 million Hilton point, rather not drop them all at one place...
Do you mean the GW (Grand Wailea) or the Ho'olei? We had 6 people so the condos at Ho'Olei worked out much better (still outrageous). We already booked for next year the kids liked it so much (so did we). We'll be paying since we did blow all our points this year (and I thought it was well worth it). I also shopped around at other condos and the prices for the same amount of space (3,000 sf, 3BR) was often similar or more, and without the "epic" (grandkids' declaration) pools.

If you search and are flexible you can find the GW for 95K. If you consider the H'O has 3 bedrooms, 300,000 pts is actually reasonable since you get all the extra living space, too.

One caveat about booking the H'O on points - you do NOT get the 5th night free. But you do get free parking, and no resort fee.