FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International LTE Roaming on AT&T Grandfathered International Unlimited Data Plan
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:14 am
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
I just dropped my ATT’s grandfathered international in favor of Fi and TMobile. My wife and I have gone to semi-retired and I could no longer justify the $320 a month we were paying for this plan and the separate voice plan with PAYG texting and a huge bump for the limited North American calling plan. It pained me and I am second guessing myself. We have TMobile Magenta Max 55+ and on my phone I have a Fi flex plan with data SIMs that I managed to get before Fi scaled back to four. My wife has one of the data SIMs in her iPhone 12. When we go abroad, we turn data roaming off on the TMobile lines and both use my Fi.

I should probably change my handle to “Detroit Stu” at this point.
Makes sense. In the age of FI & Airalo and other eSim providers, the unlimited roaming plan is less awesome as it once was. I recently switched from FI->T-Mobile> AT&T. While I may never use it, AT&T's new roaming policy which caps at $100 (pre-tax) of roaming charges per cycle for totally unlimited high speed data in my mind also is pretty damn good... for the convenience. That said, I'll likely just buy airalo e-sims when I start traveling again