FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International LTE Roaming on AT&T Grandfathered International Unlimited Data Plan
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:13 pm
kupe

Location: Atlanta is home, but 2 weeks a month in Europe, South America, and Asia
Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, ATT Unlimited Worldwide LTE, Global Entry, Petsmart Dog Dad
Originally Posted by BenA
So far, my grandfathered unlimited plan appears to be LTE only (that is, I get “5G E” coverage, but not proper 5G). If anyone had successfully connected to true 5G with their grandfathered international unlimited plan; I’d love to hear your story and whether it required AT&T customer support intervention.
Hi Ben-

Amazing...almost a year to the day since the last post on this- and it was from me! I get the feeling there are maybe a handful of us left with the grandfathered international unlimited plan. I've inquired at two ATT stores and both times was told I need a new sim and a new plan. I still feel as I did a year ago...I've rather have LTE (or at least 3G) all over the world than 5G but only in the US. But they do make it hard. I wanted to add an extra line for my elderly Mom...nope...not with our grandfathered plan. Personal Hotspot would be nice too...but nope...not with our grandfathered plan. ATT is really not interested in worldwide data plans. I've looked at T-Mobile, but hard to imagine their included 2g 256 kbps international roaming would be anything but infuriating.

Anyhow I'll sure post if I learn anything!

Cheers!