FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:22 pm
twindaddy

Originally Posted by twindaddy
My reps, who I have not contacted yet as my travel isnt till December, have a contact form on their website. Passport issues is one of the selections, it then asks you for tracking number and some other info, such as which passport office is processing it. I would imagine most senators have similar forms. It also auto-generates the privacy form that you sign and email or fax to them so they can look into your case.
Two minors, applied at post office on August 6th. Regular processing, sent to Philly.

Checks cashed, in process on August 23rd. Signed up for email status updates. Never got one update ever. None.

September 9th, printing.
September 11th, shipped priority mail. I only know this because my informed delivery told me. Tracking shows shipped from Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas.

September 13th, one received, September 14th, other other received. Return address on envelope is from Seattle, which matches locator number.

Never got one email update from Department of State.

The same day we applied in person for our twins, we dropped renewals for mom and dad (me) in the mail. Cashed and in process on August 24th, no updates since then. Priority mail envelope they were sent in has never been scanned in.
My passport is now on the way.

Mailed renewal with old passport to Philly office on August 6th. Priority mail was never scanned at destination but apparently that is common as I read they have their own post office.

Check cashed August 24

October 8th: Approved and shipped.

October 12th: Received, hopefully. But it's on the way. Mailed from Tucson but located number matches to New Orleans.

Passport for twinwife, sent the same day, is still in processing stage. No movement since check cashed in August. Her locator is New Hampshire
Still have not received my wife's passport. App put in the mailbox same day as mine, my was received October 11th. Based on the website saying they are now processing 8-11 weeks from mailing, we are past those guidelines since I sent mine the first week in August. Filed out the request for assistance form and privacy release for one of our Senators for Washington State, Maria Cantwell today.

More data points to come, but the main take away here is that depending on where your application ends up, your results can vary WIDELY.

Last edited by twindaddy; Nov 4, 2021 at 8:23 pm Reason: i kant type tooo gud