FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN-SFO UA1/2 resumed 5 Jan 2022, second SIN-SFO UA28/29 has resumed Oct 2022
Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:13 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by JNelson113
I hope that UA will aggressively pursue approval for the VTL and start flights as soon as possible should it be granted. SFO-SIN is a flagship route for UA and SIN appears to be one of the Asian countries willing to move forward and open to the west. It's a business hub, and should become especially important given that HK will probably stay closed for years because of the zero covid policy. I would think that once things get going that the passenger and cargo load will be sustainable (and maybe initially drop it to 3-4 days a week).
Pre-pandemic I had a business in SIN and flew there regularly for several years. I closed the operation down for a variety of reasons several years ago and thankful that I did as I would have been forced out of business over the last 18 months. I can only wonder how a business with operations in SIN were dealing with this situation over the past nearly two years, it must have been horrific even in this digital age. Sometimes boots are the ground are needed and this is definitely a step in the right direction. The HK situation is just another huge global mess but at least SIN will hopefully turn around quickly and I am optimistic it will.