FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:54 am
CrazyEddie

Programs: Delta Skymiles
CLEAR in Atlanta

Is anyone else wondering if it is worth it? Each time I use the Clear + precheck line I wonder if my picture should be in the dictionary next to the definition of insanity (as I keep doing the same thing over and over but never get a different result). I pick a person who enters the regular security line and almost always see that person get through the line before I do. I do give credit to one Clear agent who (on a Monday) finally started telling people to go to regular TSA precheck because that line was faster. More often though there is no measure of how long the line will take. My most recent experience - when I got to the front of the line, the Clear rep said "we are opening another line for Clear!" But when another pax noted that TSA had just let the regular line folks go into the (now) two Clear screening lines, the Clear guy exclaimed "Yes, but that line isn't Clear!"

Maybe I just need to suck it up and start taking off my shoes and going back to taking out liquids. Or realize that Clear gives away too many memberships and dilutes the value of the concept (something I mention in every survey they send me).

Yes, these are first world problems.