FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this a vacation? 17 flights in 2 weeks and 10 hotels (AA F/J, AC J/Y, CM J, LA PY)
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:30 pm
SKYEG

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Westin Lima

I stayed at the Westin for a night as I had a client flying in from Suriname staying there. Meeting was at the hotel, so it worked out great. When I got to the hotel it was super late. They upgraded me from a basic room to a Deluxe room with an amazing view on the high floor. Lounge was closed but I would have had access. I had some trouble sleeping so the morning meeting was rough....

The hotel itself is actually the 3rd tallest building in Lima. Very grand, in San Isidro which is the finance/business district. Not much around at all, but 24/7 room service which I took advantage of on such a late arrival. This hotel was much better equipped than the JW Marriott Lima, which is going on heavy renovations until end of Nov. The room was nicely equipped and larger than the JW. Also had a much nicer bathroom with a deep soaking tub.

I had a client of mine who flew into Lima the same night to have a meeting with me. He was staying at the Westin so it was a big reason why I chose to stay there the first night. We met for breakfast and had a good meeting.

My client brought his girlfriend from Venezuela and he left me with hosting her… lol. She wanted to go to the spa so we checked it out. The whole spa is on one whole floor so it is massive.

I was shocked to see that they have a private pool, jetted tub area. It had many different unique features including hot and cold pools and about 10 different types of massage jets. There was also multiple saunas, a Turkish bath and 5 different type of showers. Definitely one of the nicer spas I have been to and it was a great experience. We hung out there until we got called in for our massages.

I’m never ticklish when I get massaged but this time, I could not stop giggling. Maybe because it’s been so long(closed due to covid), or maybe she looked like a Peruvian version of Selena Gomez with green eyes. Either way, it was a great massage lol. She thought it was pretty funny, but I was really embarrassed.

I said bye to my clients GF as I had a private tour of Lima scheduled. I also was switching hotels to JW Marriott Lima for the night. I checked out and my driver picked me up to start the tour.

Driver Eduard. He knows many flyertalkers.

We drove around and parked to see many of the sights like the Presidential Palace, private clubs, cathedrals and historic hotels. It was a fantastic experience and the only way to see Lima comfortably IMO. Everyone drives here and I personally would not take public transit in Lima. There are no marked bus stops or schedules lol. people just know where to wait on the road and which bus to get on. If you’re not a local, good luck. Even speaking Spanish won’t really help you.