FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:58 am
Robert279

Originally Posted by Splotly
Just a quick update: I tried the contact details in the Wiki but didn’t get a reply (or see any adjustment in tier points) after a few days, so I asked one of the GGL if they could find out what’s happened. They called BA holidays who told them that my trip didn’t qualify because although I had done everything at the same time and it was booked in a single transaction / payment (and shows up on my BA transactions history labelled “BA Holidays”) the clicks I used to make the booking were to choose the flight and then on the next page I choose the hotel where it asks if you also want a hotel - and then paid for that single “shopping basket” in a single transaction. That’s apparently is not within the eligibility criteria. What would have been would ok would have been to use the Flight+Hotel……

At least I got an explanation after 2 months of waiting for a reply - can’t say I like or agree with their answer though.

That's me stuffed then!

That said, as others, I did a dummy booking last week, for the same trip I am making in December. I selected flights first so that I could mix cabins, then added a hotel 'PACKAGE' (the website uses the word 'Package'), lo and behold on the confirmation screen was the annotation; 'Hotel savings included, DOUBLE TIER POINTS OFFER'. I have taken a screenshot of such an example of another 'PACKAGE', created using this sequence, note the selected mixed class of flights which were, necessarily, chosen first..

Edit: I note the screenshot says that there has been a travel class change. For the avoidance of doubt, those were the classes of travel chosen by me during the selection process.

Last edited by Robert279; Nov 1, 2021 at 10:11 am