FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread
Old Nov 6, 2004, 3:13 pm
Arcolaio99

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I cut and pasted my OP and send it to the HH email address. Yesterday I got a call from the manager of Homewood Suites San Jose who the email had been forwarded to, who after apoligizing profusely told me the follwing:

1) For some reason my Gold VIP status had not been registered in the Hotel's system as "He never, ever walks Gold's and Diamonds". He said he was going to look into how this happened as this obviously was important information for the hotel

2) He had 27 rooms in rennovatikon, but they were several days behind schedule and were not suitable for stays - that was the reason for the shortage.

3) He agreed that it was not right that the walked guest had to work hard to get points and stay credit, this should be done automatically and he said he would take this up with Hilton

4) He offered a free weekend with dinner at my choosing at his hotel.

5) He had never heard about the "Yours is a very bad hotel" PPT and I pointed him to it ( )

I think I accomplished what I set out to do - and that the response was appropriate and thus the matter is concluded as far as I am concerned.
Excellet response from the manager. Will you take him up on the offer of a free weekend?