FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Credit Cards and Loyalty Points
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:13 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Come on down to AUS and let me know how that works for you.
I think it was reported recently that AMEX was interested in developing a Centurion Lounge at AUS, but apparently, COVID derail it.

On domestic flights, upgrading to domestic F, yes, it's significantly better than MCE. No SWU needed. That's the majority of "upgrades" that happen in the AA system.
I've been upgraded to domestic F on DL and yes, it's better than the main cabin, but it's still not a lie-flat seat.

As an EXP, what are the odds of being upgraded to a lie-flat on JFK-LAX without using an SWU?

Originally Posted by rjflies
All depends on how often you're traveling, and what the lounge options are in the airports you frequent. For most people, it's probably not worth it. But for a frequent domestic traveler through airports where AC are the most plentiful or only option, it can be well worth it.
Originally Posted by jerseytom
Centurion >> Admiral's Club. Not even close.

There are of course major airports that have Admiral's Clubs (or even Flagship) but no Centurion. Something I still have to test out - I believe I've heard that an Admiral's Club day pass will be reimbursed by the $200/year Amex Platinum airline credit. If so, that fills in some holes.

Depends on the airports you tend to fly through.
Originally Posted by jimup
coffee and/or a cocktail on both sides of each flight = $15
Snack/meal at airport =$10
Shower on long travel days= priceless

Pays for itself in 18 segments plus more comfortable place to sit, quieter and often have a guest using those same benefits.
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
"Free" Wifi
Cleaner restrooms
Desk agents for flight help/IRROPS
Sometimes, workspaces, for when things go sideways
Not waiting with the crowd at the gate

Lots of ancillary benefits.
I get your point if the airport doesn't have a Centurion Lounge. However, if the airport has both an AA lounge and a Centurion Lounge, I'll take the Centurion Lounge any day of the week. The comparison isn't even close. The Centurion Lounge is on another level compared to the AA lounge that you get in with the Citi Executive card.