FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Transit/Connection/Layover Master Thread
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:08 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kmsutra
Folks,
I am a US Citizen traveling ANA, DEL-HND-SFO on November 9th. I arrive in HND at 6:00 AM and my connecting flight to SFO is at 10:55 PM which is a whopping 16 hour 50 minute layover. The transit hotel in Terminal 3 is closed but the Royal Park JP hotel which is connected to Terminal 3 albeit you have to leave the security area to get there, is open. I obviously will get myself tested 72 hours prior to departure from DEL and I have vaccination records etc. Getting into USA is not the issue. I am wondering if I can leave the Airport to go the hotel connected to it for the duration of the day instead of languishing 16 hours in the lounge. I am not getting any answers on ANA website and the customer service lady was unable to answer my question. Can anyone shed any light?
No, you can't leave the airport. You'll have to spend the 16 hours airside in the terminal.