FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:06 am
Mr. BoH

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by LesleyWest
Did a quick check on the future status calculator at AA's website (under the loyalty program news link). I do a lot of multi-leg domestic trips through hubs. Looks like without CC spend/other spend AA has tidily booted me back from Platinum to Gold. In a huge way. I'm assuming they'll honor Platinum in 2022 but then I'm tossed. On top of all the other abuse this year I am seriously wondering if a concerted effort to switch to United might be worth it. Really feel valued by you, American! Not. : (
Are you sure? If you were reaching the $9k EQD threshold for Platinum, that means you would earn 9000 * (5 + 5*.6) = 72,000 loyalty points under the new structure. Which is pretty darn close to the 75k threshold for platinum.

Edit: never mind, I looked at the wrong EQD threshold. Correct threshold should be $6k, making the math 6000* (5 + 5*.6) = 48,000. So still a little ways to go for requal

Last edited by Mr. BoH; Oct 26, 2021 at 9:16 am