FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG-HKG in J
Thread: CDG-HKG in J
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:13 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
CDG-HKG in J

I finally had a CX flight that operated after 6 cancellations.
It was the once weekly A350 CX260. I am currently waiting for test results at HKIA, then 21 days quarantine.
Being very experienced with CX J/F up to 2020, I try to outline some 2021 differences.

Pre-airport: Getting all required papers (especially PCR reports) is a nightmare. CX is very proactive in contacting you and recommending solutions. They offer a verify by email services to check documents, even on Sunday.

Airport: CX tripled check documents at airport (actually 3 different checkers). No line as there were so few pax.
NO LOUNGE. CX was moved from TA to TE during covid. Most other airlines (e.g. QR) that got moved entered a contract with a private lounge, but CX did not. A silly cost-cutting measure.

Onboard: Fourteen J pax, 3 in PE, around 15-20 in Y. More rows than pax.
Food/service was good. Normal cutlery. The only difference is that starter and main dish were served on same tray. Otherwise, normal drink service (with nuts), cheese service, dessert service.
Frankly, food was quite noce.
Wines are mediocre to undrinkable. This is a recent trend with CX, as with many other airlines. But I am a wine aficionado and CX is really very bad for wine.
The A350 J seat is really nice and an improvement over the 777 seat. The new duvet is 5*, the best of all airlines even in F. The bed cover is nice too, but I doubled it with a folded duvet and that made an excellent bedding.

Altogether a good experience during covid (flight was cancelled and rescheduled 3 times)

Last edited by brunos; Oct 26, 2021 at 9:17 pm