FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Priority Boarding Filter at T5
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:57 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
I have had three recent experiences of flying with Ryanair (x2) and Easyjet (x1) as am working not far from Cambridge at the moment so STN is the closest airport - with the added bonus that FR is the only UK carrier doing a direct to GOA.

Boarding and on-time departure is something these two airlines do spectacularly well, as well as rigid baggage enforcement rules. I think because pax know these airlines will and do enforce it, most don't try and take the pi$$ like so many BA pax do with their large rollaboard + laptop bag + kitchen sink.

The only gripe I have is FR and EZY don't seem to limit the number of priority boarding slots they sell which amusingly seems to result in the Priority lane usually being longer than the normal lane. Having said this, I always try and board last and my carry-on is usually small enough to fit under the seat if really required. Never had to do this though as I can always find a space in the overhead as it seems to fit nicely on top of someone else's rollaboard.

If Ryanair and Easyjet can do this boarding and maintain on-time departures, why is this boarding so so difficult for BA?

Last edited by BOH; Oct 25, 2021 at 2:07 am Reason: Punctuation