FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mexico City!
Thread: Mexico City!
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:41 pm
Wiggums

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
In TIJ, there was a COVID-19 Airport Testing Center with supposedly "special prices" for international travelers - $1,500MN for PCR and $500MN for Antigen. If TIJ offers that, then why doesn't MEX have it available? I even looked for one in MEX in T1 and T2, nada. You ever find a place right in the airport that can do it? I'd suppose it's more convenient.

COVID tests were the biggest reason why I flew out of TIJ instead of SAN.

Whilst typing that, I just realized it's a 24 hour thing so it's not like I could have done that at the airport so.. my apologies.

VueloSegura, yeah, did it in TIJ on the app and in MEX on a piece of paper and they even made sure I filled out the paperwork and I held onto it, but nobody took it from me. Eh?

The mask mandate is stringent in Mexico. When a few people were at the Zócalo when I was in Gran Hotel de la Ciudad de México, hardly anyone wore masks, but when it got more crowded later in the day, everybody wore masks. All businesses performed temperature checks and squeezed in hand sanitizers. Tijuana is the same way.