FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Union Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:04 am
madderlake

I wanted to update this thread as I just wrapped up a two night stay. I had very measured expectations after reaching through recent stays on this thread, but happy to report we actually had a great stay. I was initially drawn to staying there because we had previously good experiences a few years back and the right before we needed to book, the rate dropped to $300/night which I thought was good compared to everything else on offer. I booked two nights at that rate and the next morning the rate dropped to $250/night (an even better deal!) and the Twitter team adjusted our rate accordingly (even though we were within the 48hr cancellation period).

As globalists I wasn't expecting an upgrade since since I didn't see anything other than King rooms for sale. We ended up in a King street view (5th floor) - noise level was 'medium' from the street and loud from rooms near us coming in late at night and the doors slamming (I'm not sure there's a quiet way to shut those doors). But other than that, service was terrific - I took advantage of free La Colombe coffee in the lobby starting at 6:30am and we were given vouchers for free breakfast at the restaurant which was great (and starts at 8am). No complaints about the food at all. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant the first night since we arrived late - ordered a pizza and salad and it was delicious. The next day I tried the Library of Spirits cocktail bar on premises and they do a great job there too (and you can order from the 'snack' menu for nibbles).

What else? Not much more to say other than the staff were wonderful - always nice and helpful. Shoutout to the security guard who was always lovely when interacting with him in the lobby and all in all, it was nice to be back! I would definitely stay again especially at these rates (though not sure I'd spring for 25K points a night unless guaranteed a suite).

Anyone have any questions let me know!