FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:45 am
YYJMSP

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
AP J reward, LH long haul substituted with 4Y discount airline

I have a J booking for next May where the long haul portion (FRA-YYC) was on LH and it has been replaced by a flight on 4Y (EuroWings Discover) at the exact same time/duration.

Anyone have any experience with these guys? it appears to be a new rebranding of a discount leisure airline (their version of Rouge?), part of LH Group. Their web site suggests business class seating, baggage, etc is provided, but meals are like choose a sandwich off the bistro menu, and no beverages included. To me, that is a massive change for a 10hrs flight.

I see that LH is no longer flying that route. I do see an AC flight FRA-YVR about 30mins later (would effectively replace the YYC and the following segment of our booking). however, it shows at twice the AP points as what I paid for my original itinerary. I haven't called AP yet to try to swap the flight, but anyone have a similar situation and was allowed to change without being gouged with a reprice?

should I act now, or wait as there will prob be mire schedule changes still. I am concerned that this would use up my "one change" on the booking, if I understand the new rule situation on AC bookings.