FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:23 pm
tangfish

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Okay, here’s the outcome of my attempt to be reissued the previous version of the card: my membership executive who I just met due to this unfortunate circumstance did everything he could but was unable to get me the prior version of the card. He said they no longer are able to produce the old one. It really sucks that they deactivated mine before I even had a chance to see the new one.

So, rather than throwing good time after bad I have caved and will just live with this blurry illegible card. Since I already have it I went ahead and activated the Prada wearable over the phone with Amex. After I tried it on my left wrist it actually feels fairly normal since I’m used to a wristwatch. The sizing is appropriate for my wrist, so I guess I’m “lucky” in that regard.

I just went to use it for the first time at the grocery store, after reading the manual that describes where the antenna is. After holding it there, then rotating my wrist around and then waving it back and forth a bit the terminal would still not recognize it. I was a bit embarrassed so I waited until the cashier was looking away and tried a second time, getting closer and eventually pressing it on the sensor. She happened to look up right as I was trying again with no luck and she must’ve thought I was nuts trying to wipe the screen or something. I tried a THIRD time and she gave me a look like I was trying to be Harry Potter and at that point my SO who was trying to hold back her laughter said “maybe it’s not a contactless terminal”. Exasperated, I pulled my Visa card out and the terminal just beeped and accepted it right away when the card got within 2 inches of it, and my SO couldn’t contain herself anymore and yelped with amusement at the whole thing.

I then bagged my groceries in shame.