FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK: ORD - JNB in Business $2016 (per person 2 passengers required for fare)
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:50 pm
cheltzel

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
People say the TK A330 (and 777) J 2-2-2 are roomy for the feet. It's true. At the sacrifice of zero privacy and stepping over someone if you have a window seat, and in the case of the older A330 (they fly both planes on same routes) there are no electrical plugs. Cabin must be 30 years old? The only good news, for that fare, is you can rack up UA miles.

Absolutely correct, QR is currently not offering any fare value. Until they pop up with something tasty, the TK flight pricing are attractive.

To reiterate, not intending to crap on your post at all, but some folks may not fully understand the value proposition. As always, good homework = a good trip
I did not feel that you are/were criticizing the post in any way. One of the attraction of FT for me is to chat with people like you about this stuff!

Since I am typically flying with my wife, the 2-2-2 or 2-3-2 of TK (or ET, or MS, etc) is not an issue as long as we get one of the seat pairs. I am a tall flyer with 13EE feet. So a seat whose dimension in bed mode is shorter than 75 inches (or 78 inches if it has a restrictive footwell) is a dealbreaker for me. I started my business class flying long before flat bed seats were anything but a pipe dream. So I can easily sleep on almost any business class seat as long as it is big enough.