FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:20 am
Grog

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
For the disembarkation by row part, I am sorry that someone who is disturbed of the congestion at the aisle should be able to wait until the end of disembarkation. Sometimes, I prefer to be quick in order to wait less at immigration/passport control ( especially as a passport holder of a country which causes extra questioning at most major places ).

Also, in one of my experiences on a LH flight ( from MUC to AYT to be specific ) about 90% of the people stood up at the seatbelt signs have been turned off ( nothing surprising because of the demography ) but the action of the cabin crew was totally ridiculous to see - not opening the door until people stood down back to their seats and constantly reminder announcements for everyone to sit down followed by an announcement by the captain that deboarding by row is a German federal law because of COVID. I've also been told by a friend that on a flight from FRA to IST, the cabin crew shouted from the PA: "Even my 4 year old kid would understand when he is told to sit" which is totally ridiculous and nothing else than ego satisfaction.

I would partially agree with you that social distancing is pretty much more a habit at German airports compared to other countries but from what I see, it's not always enforced and LH doesn't do anything for it.

An example could be seen below:
It's a far drift off-topic, but I do have a few viewpoints to share.

The rules are clear enough. If one wants the leave the aircraft before others, there are seats available near the doors. One would, of course, have to plan perfectly for this, and be lucky, or choose a private flight.

I also want to leave the plane quickly for my own selfish reasons (including my foreign passport), but I've made the decision to chose public transport rather than a private car, boat, or flight, and that comes with compromises. This compromise shouldn't include having someone else's buttcheeks in my face because they've broken rules and want to leave the plane quickly just as I do.

In my recent experience, very few (not 90%, more like 3-4%) stood up to gather a carry-on and then took their seat again. Some cleverly set that carry-on in the aisle and I applaud them for it. It discouraged people from even thinking about trying to run up the aisle.

I can't say I always like the tone of the announcements explaining disembarkation, but when rules are already clear and explained multiple times, I forgive their ego satisfaction when their actions is clearly focused on altering the behavior of people who won't follow the clear rules because of their own egos. We're all important in our own way.