FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2021
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:26 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
It’s more likely that the Cantemerle is too young, rather than past it’s prime. It typically needs ten years++ or giving it a lot of air (as in many hours in a decanter) when it’s that young. Of course it could have been an off bottle too but more likely it was just too tightly wound (young).

I’ll be happy to give it a go next week in the interests of public service
Great news on the off menu duck leg, and indeed, let's hope this will become a trend.

On the Cantemerle, I fully agree with you here. You'd expect this wine and vintage to peak in the early 2030s so past its peak in terms of maturity is not really likely. That said, apart from youth, I suspect that contrails7 is right that (s)he may have just been unlucky with the bottle, or that it might have been opened earlier (surprisingly enough, not that many people in the CCR seem to drink wine so it is not unusual to be served from a bottle opened the day before) or simply that it may not have been kept in ideal conditions.

When I had it last week, I was lucky enough to get a new bottle as they had no open one and it was excellent indeed, but an element of Russian roulette is not out of the question!