FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:40 pm
PABE

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by joachimm
I was told by a FA that the chocolates are supposed to be just for MVPG+ passengers sitting in Premium, not Exit Row seating, or First Class. I'm sure they'd give you a chocolate in F if you asked, and I even got one in an Exit Row, but the FA said they don't carry that many on board.

Over the past 6 months I've only received the chocolate when I'm sitting in Premium, and even then it was about 50% of the time. It is a pity, I think some smart VP in Loyalty came up with the idea and then failed to execute consistently on it. A welcome/recognition and premium chocolate bar goes a long way towards customer delight.
IIRC, When the chocolate bar first came around years ago, it was basically a way to offer a benefit to mvpg members who didn’t drink (and thus couldn’t take advantage of the free drink benefit). This was long before premium class was even a thing.

You should still be receiving a chocolate bar in the back of Y - and I do every time I’m in the exit row.