FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:58 am
Arsene Wenger

Originally Posted by TheXMan
Silly question, but that's what this thread is about right? I've been mileage running recently and since I crossed 50k, I occasionally get offered the chocolates, but not all the time. Do you normally have to request the chocolates, is it just dependent on the FA, or if not offered they don't have any? Similarly for the premium drink, it says complimentary on main cabin, does that include saver fares in the back? For the mileage runs I've just been booking saver seats to save a few $, if it were business or leisure travel I'd book regular seats. Thanks!
The FA should look at their phone/handheld/seat map to see where their elites are as it doesn't matter where you're at within the main cabin/what your fare type is your benefits still apply*, but from my experience its hit or miss if you're in the back/on a saver fare and they check as they often assume everyone is bunched in the "elite" area in or behind PE. When that happens I either ask nicely if I may also have a chocolate or if I order a "premium" drink they'll grab their handheld/phone to process the payment, but I apologize like I misunderstood the rules to save face for them and discreetly say I though it was a benefit of being a gold (Under either scenario they then check and typically apologize back and sometimes even give me a double drink/chocolate to make up for it). You dont need to do all this though, just simply ask for your benefit, as I just go out of my way to save face since the last thing I want to do is come off as a DYKWIAer over a chocolate bar or a can of wine lol.

*The benefit states you'll receive a chocolate or a premium drink in main cabin, but most will thankfully give you both.