FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:30 am
kevinjm

Spent a night here this weekend for a wedding nearby on a free night cert as a glob. The nearby Centric didn't show any award availability unfortunately.

I thought it was a nice hotel. Check-in was easy. I had been upgraded prior to check-in from the base king room to a high floor harbor view room. I had checked the app earlier and no suites were available, so I didn't ask about a further upgrade.
I was told that because the lounge was closed, globalist breakfast would be coffee, juice, and an entree from the hotel cafe. While the cafe is not a restaurant, the food options were similar to Starbucks, in that they are prepackaged and reheated in a small convection oven. I thought the food was decent. I would have preferred an egg plate with bacon, but the chicken and waffles I got sufficed.

We made use of the bar and market the night of check-in to watch the Dodgers, and we found the staff there to be very friendly. The pizza at the cafe/market was actually pretty good, made in one of those dome stone ovens.
In the morning we hit the gym, it was decent, with two pelotons and a bunch of cardio machines, and weight machines. One set of dumbbells and a cable machine.

Our room was small, but clean and with a good view of the harbor and the swan boat rentals in the pond in front of the hotel. We could see the pool was busy too.
The bathroom was annoyingly small as my wife and I tried to get ready for the wedding.

Overall, I would definitely stay here if we have to spend time in Long Beach again. Plenty of food, entertainment and views nearby.

Edit: I should mention that breakfast charges, and valet was removed from my folio without any prompting on my part.

Last edited by kevinjm; Oct 18, 2021 at 10:40 am Reason: Added info about folio.