FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Mint Menus
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:44 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Had my first Mint experience this past Sunday JFK-SAN. The meal service is better than AA transcon, and way better than what UA is offering on transcon flights currently.

Starter: Grissini with Gruner Veltliner

Interesting crispy sticks, although it became a chore to eat toward the end.

Meal choices: Farro salad, fluke, pork shoulder

This combo was what I thought a good combination of vegetables and proteins, even though the lasagna sounded tempting.

The salad was a great combination of flavors and texture. The added sweetness from the butternut squash makes it a nice side throughout the meal.

The FA forgot the brussels sprouts on the fluke, so it was added "tableside". As others had pointed out, it was on the drier side, and needed more sauce. The chili oil did rescue it, but if I could do a do-over, I would switch this for the lasagna instead.

The pork dish is probably the best airline entree I had in a while (the other choices were the fish with BBQ sauce and Thai noodles, both on UA). The meat was tender and moist, the mostrada added acidity and "lift". I would have second helping of it if it was available, and if they offered bread, I would have soaked up the sauce.

Wine of choice was the Italian red, but the FA pour the wrong wine (Spanish red instead) so I went with it. It worked as well.

Gelato, served separately from main tray

SO. GOOD. Proper gelato texture - not rock hard, and not soup either.

Snack Basket choice: Eat Up Cheese Plate

I was surprised to see this as an option, but in a good way.