FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:52 am
Happy Traveling Consultant

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
For the sake of discussion, let’s call this the “I can’t believe they gave me multiple bonuses for the exact same (type of) card *club”, membership is automatic upon approval for the second account of the exact same card, there are no dues and also no benefits (other than bragging rights ). Congratulations on your membership .

Any data points regarding retention bonuses?

The “American Express retention offers” thread is replete with (what I see as) very generous retention offers for MR cards. I’m wondering about similar offers for those of us with multiples of the exact same type of card. Considering this thread is only 4 months old, is it too early for datapoints? Any club members with multiple card retention experiences to share?

(*: to learn the club’s double secret probationary confidential clandestine handshake, please go to … sorry, that’s need-to-know only … )

BREAK

Curious also, do you all expect to keep your multiple accounts open past 13 months? I would only do so if I received a very generous retention offer (like 50K for a $695 AF card, effectively another SUB) that justified the annual fee. If no or small retention offer, I do not see paying multiple (very high) AFs. Thank you.
A minor data point. First, I love the 35% rebate on MR redemptions, use it a lot to get 1.65 CPP, so will always have one. I'd applied for and been approved for my second Biz Plat. Then went to chat to cancel my first one, because the fee had just posted. Through chat, was offered a $595 fee credit with no spend requirement to keep that card which I took. I'll be able to cancel it in late June next year, but will get another $200 on Dell credits and $200 in United Travel Bank funds for $0.