FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:54 pm
BlueZebra

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Day 6...the cabana issues...

Our dermatologist has guilted ( and "procedured") us into becoming cabana fans. So, having cabanas at beaches and pools is important to us.

Pre Covid, GW started a project to replace their heavily weathered previous generation of cabanas. The project is mostly done now. Our first impressions of the new cabanas, prior to actually using one,, was not great, but after a couple days in cabanas we are more favorably inclined. They do change the site lines around the pool areas significantly, sometimes to the good, but frequently not.

The major issue here is cost. GW has always tried to run up cabana prices...typically double, during peak times. Now they have decided the Hibiscus (adult) Pool cabanas are worth almost 2.5 times the price for cabanas at the activity pool, during Covid, and not during peak holiday seasons. That is crazy.

DW is really to drop GW entirely, between the handling of the Omotenashi Lounge issue and the cabana prices ( to be fair, also some other issues not related to GW at all), which like so many other things at GW are going up rapidly. I am on the fence...but I can't come here by myself!